eUnittrust is one of the first online unit trust platform that offer Malaysian investors an option to take control and manage their own unit trust investment. Launched in 2008, the eUnittrust platform owned by Phillip Capital Malaysia is fast gaining recognition among Malaysian investors thanks to the growth in high speed broadband and smarts phones.
The convenience of making unit trust investment through this platform has been widely embraced by the younger Malaysian generation (Gen-X and Gen-Y). Another surprising fact is the more IT savvy generation of baby boomers are also starting to make the transition from agent/consultant based unit trust investing to online unit trust investing.
As a user of eUnittrust myself, I'm going to share with you five (5) key benefits of using this platform. The benefits I'm going to share are based on my own personal experience using this platform. I hope that by sharing this to you, you will also see the benefit in online unit trust investing. Now without further delay, let's take a look at what I have to share:
5 Key Benefits of investing via eUnittrust;
1. You can now buy, sell and monitor your unit trust investment online at only 2% sales charge. The best thing is that eUnittrust tend to carry out regular promotional campaigns which allows you the opportunity to invest for as low as 0% sales charge! Now that's what you call saving on sales charge!
2. You get to choose from a vast variety of unit trust funds (>300 funds) from famous Fund Houses such as Kenanga, Eastspring, RHB, AmBank, Manulife, Affin Hwang and many more. This allows you to have a wider option of top performing funds to choose from instead of just buying funds from an agent affiliated to only one company in particular.
3. You are in control of your own investment. By that I'm referring to the power of investing directly via your PC/Laptop.Mobile. Investment transaction is made easy through online banking via Maybank, CIMB and many more. This makes investing much more convenient as compared to traditional practice of issuance of check or bank deposit slip.
4. There's no risk of losing your money even if the online platform closes down. That is because the platform acts as a medium to help you invest with the fund house of your choice. For example if you invest in Kenanga Funds, the platform helps you to invest directly with Kenanga. Know that your investment is then passed on to Kenanga and not kept/held by the online platform. Therefore even if eUnittrust shuts down, your investment is still kept safely and recorded with Kenanga.
5. There's NO Registration Fee and NO Annual Fee for opening an account with eUnittrust. As a matter of fact, you can open an account without any obligation to invest. Look at it as having a tool ready for use when you ultimately decide to invest.
How to open an account with eUnittrust?
The great thing about eUnittrust is how easy it is to open an account. It takes only 4 simple steps!
Step 1 : Head on over to their registration page at Eunittrust and fill up all the required online details.
Step 2 : Upload a copy of your scanned IC.
Step 3 : Once you've submitted the online registration, an Account Opening Form will be automatically generated. All you need to do is to print and sign that form.
Step 4 : Scan or fax the signed form along with a copy of your IC to firstname.lastname@example.org
These 4 simple steps are all you need to open an account. Once you're done with this, just wait for the log-in ID and password to be sent to you via email (within 1 to 2 working days).
The best thing is when you have received your log-in ID, all your future unit trust investments via eUnittrust will be practically paperless. Unknowingly, you are also doing mother nature a favor by reducing the use of paper by eliminating the need for investment forms.
Here's an added incentive from Invest Made Easy!
When you have successfully open your free account with eUnittrust, just drop me an email at email@example.com and I'll send you a copy of my self written ebook entitled "The Basics of Investing In Unit Trust" absolutely FREE! I believe this ebook will help you to understand unit trust better as well as help you to get started on your own unit trust investment journey.
4th of July 2015 - Update:
I've created a step by step guide on how to register an account with eUnittrust via slideshare. Hopefully you will find this guide helpful.
That's all from me!
Cheers and Happy Investing Online!
1. If you have any inquiries or questions, feel free to email me firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If you find this post is useful, do share it with your family and friends via Facebook
3. Don't forget to LIKE our Facebook page too!